29 July 2006

another week in the desert

well it's late friday night/early saturday morning, and i of course left my notebook with all my great thoughts in it back in the trailer, so it will have to wait till tomorrow. how's everyone doing? my week was a really long one. we usually work mon-thurs, and get back late on thurs, but this week we had too much to do and decided to come back on friday. it made for a long week and a short weekend. we don't get overtime pay, we get comp time which doesn't seem as good although it means i can take more time off, if i ever get a chance to take time off, but if i don't, all the comp time i earn gets paid as regular time, which *isn't* as good as overtime pay. plus this week was physically (hot) and emotionally (stress) taxing. i'm tired but want to get a few things done before bed. the days off are definitely not long enough!

i'm dinking around, uploading my photos to yahoo photos so my folks can see what i've been up to the last 2 months. and anyone else, really. i am creating about 3 new albums, including:

nevada and beyond - which covers my departure from reno and a bunch of other photos of my new environment and my coworkers

great basin national park - self explanatory

south ruby mountains - i took a bunch of really cool photos of the sunset(s) up there

so that's that, more posting tomorrow, hopefully. please comment and let me know if you'd like the link to the photos, since i can't possibly post them all here!

xoxo
me '99 :)

1 comment:

Scott said...

Kristen, you can send the link over here, I would like to see them. Take care.