24 August 2010

music revival, day 6

steve's day of mixes
my boss steve gave me some mixes of some of his favorite tunes from 2008. he gave them to me in 2009, january. it's taken awhile, but i was finally ready to dig in and see what he had in store for me.

2008 dance! mix
sam sparro - black and gold
estelle (feat k west) vs the ting tings - shut up american boy
cut copy - lights and music
chromeo - fancy footwork
snowden - black eyes
cut copy - hearts on fire
crystal castles - courtship dating
dizzee rascal (feat calvin harris) - dance wiv me
lil mama - lip gloss
treasure fingers - cross the dancefloor
flo rida vs hot chip - hold on to that low
chromeo - tenderoni
thunderheist - jerk it
crime mob vs the dodos - stilletos in the park
le castle vania - tigertron
chromeo - bonafied lovin
dizzee rascal - flex
  • favorite tracks: black and gold, *shut up american boy, lights and music, hearts on fire, *dance wiv me, lip gloss, jerk it, flex
  • comments: this album had me grooving and shaking through tuesday! yeah! and, i learned about a couple of tunes that i'd heard before but knew nothing about. until now!

2008 pop! volume 1
hacienda - she's got a hold on me
vetiver - see you tonight
dept of eagles - no one does it like you
chad van gaalen - willow tree
tv on the radio - golden age
port o'brien - i woke up today
tapes n' tapes - hang them all
vivian girls - where do you run to
florence and the machine - kiss with a fist
peasant - the wind
delta spirit - trashcan song
benji hughes - i went with some friends to see the flaming lips
the felice brothers - frankie's gun
the walkmen - in the new year
of montreal - for our elegant caste
jim noir - ships and clouds
hercules and love affair - blind
jensen sportag - power sergio
ida maria - oh my god
  • favorite tracks: she's got a hold on me, see you tonight, i woke up today, blind
  • comments: my listening to this album was a big fragmented, but there were many tracks that made the listening very pleasurable. great to get through tues/thurs.

No comments: