01 November 2005

isn't that just life

i don't have much to write. i thought i did. but here i am.

in case anyone was worried, i am fine. i'm not on the verge of depression or anything like that although maybe i should be. my main concern is a friend of mine whose wife came home and told him she was leaving him for someone else. major stress for him, and i have been trying to be supportive, as much as i can. but when someone else is emotional it makes me emotional. not to mention things being kind of crazy with my family, and planning my ridiculous high school reunion. my heart is strong, but it bleeds for those in need. hey that rhymed.

my energy is a little depleted but i'm surviving. rugby practice last night was pretty rough, my lungs were hurting due to lack of air entering them, and my legs were numb from sprinting as hard as i could for 2 hours, but...i'm getting stronger, i think. tonight is funky dance class and conditioning. it'll be fun.

hugs and all that good stuff :)

oh yeah, here's some lyrics running through my head for y'all

Nobody's perfect
All of the time
Nobody's perfect
We are what we are
There's no perfect reason
And no perfect rhyme
For most of the time
That's what we're looking for.

- mike and the mechanics, "nobody's perfect"

oh yeah one more thing, here's a photo, find me:

this is the party in which i brought one of the professors from the college as my date. he teaches plant biology / plant genetics. interesting guy. everyone referred to my date as "the professor" instead of calling him by name. funny stuff.

5 comments:

stan said...

Somebody needs a spam trapper post... :O

kristen said...

spam trapper, slam trapper. i'll just delete 'em.

did you find me in the photo?

i'm off to the woods for a couple of days, so if i don't write it's not cause i don't care

Will said...

You look very, very pretty! Hope you're better and have fun in the woods! Reminds me of Into the Woods, which is one of my all-time favorite shows. Bernadette Peters was awesome in it.

stan said...

Yup, in the back on the left. Traffic-stoppin' hottie, you are!

Scott said...

Yeah, I was going to say the hottie on the left in the black dress, but it looks like Stan beat me to it.