26 February 2008

face vs. house

in this situation, the house always wins.

i was putting firewood into the woodbox by the backdoor. we have 2 steps from the landing where the door is to the ground level, where the wheelbarrow is. so i have one foot on the 1st step and one foot on the ground. lean to the wheelbarrow, grab some logs, pivot and put them in the box, pivot back. repeat. until i get sloppy and forget my spatial reality, and WHAM-O, i smash my face into the corner of the house. i yell. i spit. i rub my head. i go inside. my tooth feels rough.

i chipped my tooth putting wood in the wood box. and spit out the piece.

luckily it wasn’t visible, and i went to the dentist a few days later and everything looks fine.


but just in case anyone was wondering, i wouldn't recommend going head to head with the corner of the house. it just doesn't feel that good.

No comments: