17 October 2005

rugby has begun

i am in pain.


but still smiling. perhaps later i'll show you what rugby did to me this past weekend. i love this sport but man-oh-man my body is paying for it today. literally, everything hurts, my ears, my toes, my ribs, my neck, my temples, my jaw, my back, my legs, my arms.

ps. happy birthday gramps! 93 today!

pps. i also scanned some sweet photos from my youth, which you'll have to look forward to!

----------------

ok i'm back. here's the painful rugby photo you've all been waiting for. brace yourselves.



for those of you who didn't know, i am just slightly obsessed with photographing my eyes, especially when something interesting happens. it's probably not the best black eye i've had (i have photos of the other ones as well), in fact this is more of a scrape than a bruise. but still, it gets attention and i figured you should all see it. you get to see my soft side and my brutal side all at once.

there's always so much more to write, but now i just have to wait. the injury is from the nor-cal senior women's select side rugby tryouts, where they pick the best northern california players to go up to oregon to play the pacific northwest, southern california, and rocky mountain regional teams, to decide who should play on the west coast regional team. i'm not planning on making it that far, but going to portland in 2 weeks would be nice...keep your fingers crossed.

...just got the email. didn't make it. :(
lucky me, i'm listed under "non-traveling reserves"
what i don't get is this. there were only 4, tops 5 people that play my position that tried out. 2 were place on non-traveling reserves, 1 isn't available. so they're going with 2. i guess they don't need a sub. oh well.

and in case anyone was wondering, my birthday was exactly 1 week ago today. belated presents are still accepted :D

oh yeah, one last thing...does anyone think there is something wrong with my eyebrows? i never really noticed them today...

4 comments:

Will said...

Ouch! Your eyebrows are fine and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You should have told us! How did you celebrate?

stan said...

Bummer you couldn't come to Portland...I'd have come to see you play!

Paul Murphy said...

Where is the fun in rugby if you don't get at least a little bashed about the head!!

Sorry you didn't make the regional team and happy one week on birthday to you. Here is a big hug to make up for the severe lack of presents from me.........----)

Scott said...

Happy Birthday....late!

Sorry about not making the team.