26 August 2005

ready for action

it's friday!

i stayed up till 430am last night messing with files and photos and whatnot on the computer. what was i thinking? i woke up at 1030am this morning to a phone call about work. guess i should get up huh.

i just found out the 80's cover band i was going to go see in sacramento is sold out. BUMMER! well i'm sure we'll find something equally entertaining/exhausting to really wipe me out for the weekend.

many people i know are going to the state fair this week. are you? i probably won't, i have so much to catch up on at home, and i need some sleep.

i almost got run over by a bicycle in the park this morning.

currently listening to ryan adams "gold"

question of the day: if you were going to get dumped, what's the best thing the dumper could say to you when they were saying "this isn't working out"? and by best i mean least painful.

7 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Kristen,
Thanks for stopping by Our Chappy Camera Photo Album site!
You have a nice blog here.

Paul Murphy said...

I guess the best thing way to approach it is not to make the other person feel it's all their fault and try to leave them with their diginity and self confidence intact.

"It's not you, it's me" type of thing. That's alot more gentle than launching into some sort of attack on on the other person.

Will said...

If it mattered to the "break-up-ee" it's going to hurt no matter what is said. Just get to the point and say "It's not working for me". Don't sugar-coat it with all that "It's me, not you" crap. Just tell me the truth, get it over with, and get out of my life.

Bitter much?

Keegan said...

Yeah, straight to the point. easier to keep going, let go, if you think the dumper's a real bitch/bastard.

also thanks for blogging by, yours is pretty sweet as.

LisaT said...

Dude, thanks for adding me to your "cool blogs" list. Thank God an actual person finally posted a comment. I was starting to feel very self-conscious and was wondering what about my blog made it seem like I needed so many comments about "penile enlargement."

Bearette said...

I would say something like, "It's not working, and we're both probably more compatible with other people." I think it's a tough situation though.

I agree with that other commenter - it's easier to move on if you think the other person's a jerk.

carlotta said...

The worst thing anyone ever said to me during a break up was "It's just too hard to love you." That was years ago and it still affects me to this day.