31 August 2005

envy is green like gumby

there is actually a lot on my mind apparently today (i took notes). but first i have to run home, take a quick shower to get the poison oak oil off my skin, then run over to rugby practice (hooray - it's finally starting) and then i can come back here and catch you up on all the latest and greatest rolling arounds in my cute compartment of grey matter. hold onto your seats...i'll be back soon.

ok i'm back. it's not 9:18pm west coast time. let's see how long this takes me.

today at work i brought a piece of paper with me to write down all the things i wanted to do or thoughts i had or things that happened to me. see if you can make sense of any of it.

dead deer smells REAL BAD. almost stepped on a lizard, oops!

what ever happened to lauren hill?

does all miso soup taste fishy?

my biggest insecurity is my legs. i ENVY people with slender, shapely legs. even muscular legs. i of course do nothing to work on mine in the off season from rugby, but i look at them and think...ugh. i see other people (especially young asian women) and i think "i wish i had their legs." but then, i remember i play a sport where small isn't always what's needed. and the nice thing about rugby is that women of all shapes and sizes come together and accept each other. which i love. and then i also remember that i am lucky to have this as the thing that is my biggest insecurity. i could have some grave illness or some other malformation. i should consider myself lucky.

i'm pretty much over summer. this morning by 9am it was already BLAZING hot here in california. i was hot and sweaty the ENTIRE day at work and it was very uncomfortable. actually what has ruined me is working in air conditioning too much. if i was outside in the heat every day i would be fine. reminds me of my days back in iowa...working in the ag fields...sweating...but anyway, fall and winter can come any time now. i'm ready for my feet to be cold and to have to wear long sleeves again!

anyone know of any good jobs out there? what do i want to do with my life? does anyone know what they want? how do they know? serious consideration to moving to someplace tropical and living there 6 months to a year, just hang out, work, and figure some things out.

i have a whole issue with men who ask for my phone number and then don't call but i'll save that for another time.

i should go to the eye doctor

bring WD40 to the field next time for weather stations

i should buy the 'love, actually' soundtrack. it has to have good songs on it.

"how sweet it is to be loved by you" "god only knows what i'd be without you"

cds i want to check out: franz ferdinand / the killers / modest mouse / rolling stone / van halen / pink floyd / josh kelley / natasha bettingfield...does anyone have any suggestions?

finally: 'if you're driving with your knee to get a better grip on your air guitar, you're listening to the right station!' ps. it was a GREAT radio day, i ended up with the lab car that doesn't have a tape deck/cd player, so i had to rely on the radio, and it DID NOT LET ME DOWN!

ok, 9:27pm. pretty good.

i was just looking over my blog, and dang, there's some good photos on here. three cheers for me!

1 comment:

Will said...

I'd be afraid to write down all the thoughts I have over the course of the day. I might get put in a straight jacket and locked away!