11 November 2009

why do we crucify ourselves?

yesterday, i seem to have forgotten to bring in cds to listen to at work, so i was stuck with whatever i happened to have. in this case, it was tori amos' little earthquakes. i listened to it 3 times while shaving the bark off wood samples in the lab. and the song that stuck with me is called "crucify":

why do we, crucify ourselves
everyday, i crucify myself
nothing i do is good enough for you
(crucify myself)
my heart is sick of being, i said my heart is sick of being in chains....

i know i do it to myself. and i don't need to. getting out of the habit is the hard part. she's got some other good tunes on there too, highly worth a listen. however, if you don't like or 'get' her style, you might not like it as much. i started off listening to the under the pink album, which was even a little weirder, but it's my favorite even after all these years. thanks k.e. for introducing her to me!

today i forgot cds again, so i'll probably listen to whatever i've got on my ipod. this may include: jack johnson, john mayer, keane, the killers, madonna, aimee mann, and maroon 5.

[i ended up listening to a collection of aimee mann songs (thanks j.b.) and madonna's american life album]

-----------------

gym report (this time, with sara!):

20 min cardio/stair/glider
10 min spin cycle
3x10 @ 30lb military press
3x10 @ 30lb overhead shoulder press
3x10 @ 50lb lat pull down
3x10 @ 30lb bicep curl
3x10 @ 10lb tricep curl
15 min abs and stretching

weight: 162

stomper: 3 days running

No comments: