23 December 2009

mama if that's movin' up, then i'm working out...

well it's christmas eve eve and i haven't got a single thing wrapped. but i'm with my family and that's the main thing. i see a long night of wrapping ahead of me. that's ok though because that's how we do it here :)

finished my christmas shopping (with my brother) last night. am trying to get my christmas letter done but it's dragging me down. 3 years to catch everyone up on...and wording it so it sounds like me...seems like it would be so easy but i'm just not motivated to do it.

i've already been to 3 contra dances in the first week i've been here. concord massachusetts one night (to crowfoot!) and 2 nights in greenfield massachusetts (wild asparagus, and green street!) i've seen a bunch of people i haven't seen in a long time, and got to dance with some of my favorite dancers. plus, i got to go the people's pint to have their home brewed ginger ale. delicious. yum.

have been watching the office season 5 on dvd. enjoy that show so much, thanks to my brother for introducing it to me and letting me watch his dvds. have also been watching this season of house that my mom dvr'd. is that even a verb? i guess recorded is right. it's not taped, like it used to be :)

have had a hard time sleeping the past week. not sure if it's just holidays, or insomnia, or the bed, or caffeine, or the tv, or time zone differences, or sleeping in, or what. i get up at 8am and am not sleepy until 130am. and, if i don't give into my first whim to just fall asleep, it takes me another hour to get rested enough to just drift off. i hate this because i've always been a good sleeper.

so, i've been going to the gym to try to help myself get tired. i've been working out with my mom for the past several days. went to her gym, which focuses more on resistance training and some small weight stuff, but mostly coordination, agility, strength, and flexibility...there are trainers there and they make up a workout of the day. my leg muscles are sore, despite not having done very much weight lifting with my legs. i guess my body weight is enough!

i haven't been good about writing these work outs each day, but here's what i remember from today.

--------------------
gym report:


10 min gliding runner

each exercise we did 7 reps, for 20 seconds each, and 10 seconds of rest

  • kettle bell swing throughs (straight arms, swing kettle bell through legs, up to head height, using legs, squat position)
  • alternating shoulder press
  • squats
  • bicep curl
  • planks
  • resistance band punching
  • jacknifes (with weighted ball)

10 min gliding runner
10 min stretching

weight: didn't weigh today, but yesterday was 159.7
of course, i'm on a different scale so who really knows!

No comments: