21 December 2009

winter training, day 1

upon my return to CT for the holidays, i decided i would like to try to spend more time with my mother. i also thought it would be nice to keep up the exercise regimen i had begun in the fall term. thankfully, the conditioning center (sort of like a gym with physical therapists on hand) would accept me into their loving arms, and i could pay for a given number of visits and then use a punch card to check off each time i'd been there.

i had to go in for an evaluation, first, to see if there were any real problems with my body, my lifting style, etc. aside from putting too much weight on my toes during my initial screening of squats, i'd say i passed the rest of the test with flying colors. doing forward planks for a minute? no problem! sit ups, roll ups, supermans, dead lifts, bicep curls, bent over rows...i'm all over that stuff.

so, here's the workout of the day for december 21

10 min cardio (i used the elliptical that day)

20, 15, 10 reps
1 minute of cardio between 20-15
1.5 minutes of cardio between 15-10

kettle bell deadlifts - 18kg
squats (no weights)
bent over row - 25lb
shoulder press - 10lb
skull crushers - 10lb
rollups (situps with flat legs)

10 min cardio

stretching regimen included:
using a strap and 3x30 seconds of hamstring stretching on each leg
standing up, 3x30 seconds of quad stretching on each leg

No comments: